Classes begin quarterly
Become a Web Developer in 12 or 24 Weeks
Online Charlotte Coding Boot Camp
With the rising demand for web development skills across industries, The Coding Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte was designed to prepare students with the knowledge they need to tap into today’s digital economy.
Our part-time course is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Both the part-time and full-time The Coding Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte options offer live, interactive virtual classes led by skilled instructors.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand web development skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is applicable to a professional environment.
Why Choose Our Web Development Program?
- Simulate a professional work environment by teaming up with your peers on real-world projects and build complex applications that will bolster your professional portfolio.
- Gain access to continuation courses that cover additional in-demand technologies, including Python, Java, C#, and Amazon Web Services.
- Receive a certificate of completion in Coding: Full Stack Web Development from UNC Charlotte School of Professional Studies, demonstrating your achievement to future employers.
- Benefit from a wide array of career support services like resume and social media profile support, technical interview preparation, portfolio reviews, soft skills training, and recruiting to help you put your best foot forward.
Gain Future-Proof Skills
Through hands-on developer work and collaboration with your peers, you’ll gain proficiency in the theory and application of web development—helping you stand out in today’s market.
- Algorithms (Searches, Sorts)
- Time Complexity
- Big O Notation
- Data Structures
Browser Based Technologies
- Responsive Design
- Progressive Web Applications (PWAs)
- Local Storage, Session Storage, IndexedDB
Server Side Development
- User Authentication
- Template Engines
- MERN Stack (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, Node.js)
- Client-Server Model
- AJAX (Fetch API)
- HTTP request methods
Deployment and Delivery
- GitHub Pages
- Shell Scripting
- Unit Testing
- Continuous Integration
Supplemental Self-Study Topics
- Amazon Web Services
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Get Program Info
Market-Driven Full-Stack Curriculum
We work closely with employers and industry professionals looking for boot camp graduates to optimize our full-stack curriculum and ensure we are continually teaching the most in-demand technologies, including*:
A high-level, interpreted scripting language found on most of today’s web pages, this is the programming language that brings your site to life.
Defines the structure and layout of a webpage. This language is critical as it dictates a site’s organization.
Defines the style of a webpage and how it is presented to the user. This language is important because it determines fonts, colors, and positions of webpage elements.
A front end framework used to design responsive websites and web apps. This framework is fundamental to achieving good performance.
A database management system used to store and retrieve data. This system is critical for developers as most applications today require a MySQL database to preserve information.
A document-oriented NoSQL database. This database is critical for security and it is trusted to power business-critical applications in over 50 percent of the Fortune 100 companies.
A web application framework for Node.js. This framework play a crucial role in the flow of data between server and routes in server-side applications.
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Innovative Part-Time Online Model
Offered online, the part-time coding boot camp was designed for busy, working professionals like you. We understand that you need the flexibility to fit your education around your existing work and life commitments, but we also know that accountability is needed to help you become a web developer.
Get job ready through hands-on experience with the latest front end and back end technologies, and build a portfolio of projects to showcase your knowledge.
Interactive Live Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Receive extensive real-time support from a team dedicated to helping you succeed. This support team consists of instructors, teaching assistants, and student success and career services teams.
Job Planning Assistance
You will have access to a dedicated career director and career material advisor that will help you prepare to find your dream job after completing the boot camp through a wide range of career services.
When learning the skills for web development, it’s important to have help available when you need it. The Coding Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte’s part-time and full-time programs offer you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants. Our industry professional instructional staff is there to help you gain the skills you need on your journey.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and career material advisor that will help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp. Learn how to build your personal brand and stand out in today’s market through:
- Technical and Behavioral Interview Preparation
- Industry Speakers and Events
- Resume, LinkedIn and Portfolio Development
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions or motivate each other through difficult material. The virtual classes allows students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond program completion. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Is This Coding Boot Camp Right for You?
Are you looking to change career paths and break into the tech industry, advance in your current career, or expand your knowledge? If yes, and if you are hard working with a drive to succeed, then this could be for you. Other reasons this coding program might be the right move:
- You are interested in freelancing to supplement your current income—or want to engage more productively in your current job
- You want to move companies or change careers—or switch from a non-technical to a technical role
- You dream of going “all in” on an entrepreneurial idea and want to gain the skills needed to build your product
- You are a constant learner and wish to gain additional knowledge or amplify your skill set while in college
How to Apply
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
The Coding Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte offers a 24-week, part-time program and a 12-week, full-time program.
Part-Time Coding Boot Camp
- 24-week online program
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational, or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and real-world projects and assignments
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on hands-on projects and practice work
Full-Time Coding Boot Camp
- 12-week program with fully live online sessions in a virtual classroom environment
- Launch your career sooner by studying full-time and completing the program at an accelerated pace
- Attend live, instructor-led classes online Monday – Friday, 10 a.m – 2:30 p.m.
- Dedicate 20 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 25+ hours outside of class on projects and homework assignments
» Coding Part-Time 10/03/22
» Coding Full-Time 11/14/22
» Data Analytics Part-Time 09/06/22
» Cybersecurity Part-Time 09/19/22
» FinTech Part-Time 09/20/22
Frequently Asked Questions
The part-time coding program is six months (24 weeks). The full-time coding program is 3 months (12 weeks).
No experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. The pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for the Coding Boot Camp.
No, applicants do not need to be UNC Charlotte students. This program is offered through UNC Charlotte School of Professional Studies.